If you are looking for tips for ideation excellence, here is the right place. We know very well that the process is all about constructing a big idea. But, it’s a challenging task to recognize what makes a big idea. The goal of the innovative idea generation is not just giving out copious ideas. The goal of ideation services is to construct a single but best solution to meet customer’s needs. Effective and faster job with large convenience is the ultimate goal of the idea management.
Here we have presented some of the best tips for ideation excellence. Generating ideas means generating greater chances to grow and flourish. The aim of idea management is also to strain out all the futile ideas. This means eliminating ideas that are just adding an unproductive activity to your business without reaping any benefit.
All Time Greatest Ideation Techniques
First of all, separate you’re brainstorming sessions into two parts. The first phase will be idea generation using all the divergent team thinking. The second phase will to select the idea. Here are our top tips for ideation excellence:
1. Set out a Strategy: Before the participants get engaged, map out the goals of the ideation generation process. Spend some time to clarify who are your audience and what do they need.
2. Choose a Dynamic Group: Do not call for a crowd or a group that shares uniform talents and patterns of thinking. Bring a group of diverse minds. It would be best to call for an outsider to review and challenge the thinking of your team.
3. Appointment of a Consultant: You can call a third party consultant to scrutinize the viability and practicality of the ideas generated by you and your team. A professional ideation consultant can use innovative techniques to shape up the final ideation process.
4. Thoughtful Site Selection: Getting away from the routine site generally helps in breaking barriers. It is a proven technique to enable the participants to think differently extending out of the comfort zones. Locations that will boost positive energy are the most preferable ones.
5. Suspend criticism: Keep sessions of comments, judgments and criticism for the next phase. Just record the ideas as they are flowing. Focus on gathering the ideas.
6. Encourage Extensions to the Ideas: It would be healthy and beneficial to the ideation process. So, encourage suggesting extensions by other members when idea is given by one member.
During the second phase, shift your focus from idea generation to idea selection. Setting out clear criteria of selecting the best idea is the core strength of the ideation excellence. When you have finished shortlisting, discuss them constructively. Withdraw the ideas that do not fit to the set criteria.
It would be the best thing to set the ball rolling by brainstorming the actions that will follow the selected ideas.
This should result in a to-do list for your further action. The involvement of multiple participants is to call for greater number of ideas and to create a synergy effect. In the process of constructing ideation, keep on making top 30, top 20 and at last top 10 ideas list. This will map out a way for you to go.
These tips will help you to achieve ideation excellence with minimum efforts and time. Do feel free to suggest your tips as well.